Friday, August 28, 2009

Mascarene Martin

more details on this excellent sighting.

so much still to learn from the whole of the SE

no resident birders in 250,000km2 of pretty good habitat.

Neil

----- Original Message -----
From: "P. Theopil"
To: ;
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: [tanzaniabirds] Mascarene Martin

> the mascarene martins were at rufiji-r.-bridge south of dar.. I first
> was occupied with a secure identification, which was no problem,
> because the birds came very near and were not shy. but quite late
> I realized, after departing, that it was a quite seriously good
> bird, as I read in my guide (helmfield guide: birds of east afrca).
> So I unfortunately failed to count the birds. therefore I can
> only estimate them to at least 10, perhaps up to 20. but who
> knows, what was going on up- and downstream....!
>
> greetings from st. ottilien!
>
> fr. theophil
>

oogroups.com

No comments:

Post a Comment