Monday, August 31, 2009

YT Sandgrouse

Hi Neil,

Just seen your YT Sandgrouse map. I've yet to find any visible indication of
breeding by the birds here in Katavi although they certainly must on the
open flood plains and drier grasslands. We tend only to see the flocks come
past camp in the drier months (like now) and rarely see them at all in the
rains at all. Something to keep my eyes open for.

Also, I enjoyed an evening at Firelight's Palahala camp last night and added
a few new birds to my Katavi list, although sadly not the resident Pel's
Fishing Owl that Ben and Rika (the managers) have seen and hear on a regular
basis. Both are increasingly keen on their birds and I've asked them to
contribute to the atlas. I think they're in a different square (GPS:
S06deg.48min.41.0sec E031deg.22min09.4sec) but will leave for you to
discuss the project and the type of data you're after.

Cheers

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment