Friday, July 2, 2010

African Bare-Eyed Thrush in Ruaha


From: David Erickson


Hello,

I was doing fieldwork for my masters in and around Ruaha.

Part of the project I was working on involved camera traps (Targeting Mammals). I am currently sorting through all the photos. I came across a picture of a Turdus Thrush, and from the book I have it looks like an African Bare-Eyed Thrush. The "Birds of East Africa" book I have does not show this species in the Ruaha area so I thought I'd pass it along to the TZ bird atlas for a look (Two pics are attached to this email). Hopefully it's useful.

Cheers,

Dave Erickson
tks David

as you can see from this latest map there have been records from the Ruaha ecosystem but not many so yours are most welcome.

this bird is moving, expanding its range westwards. climate change...who knows !!!!

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment