Thursday, March 24, 2011

Info for the book on carbofuran poisoning

Hello,

I am several days away from completion/submission the book on carbofuran poisoning. I am going through the chapter on Kenya and trying to tidy up some loose ends. I have anecdotal evidence that Furadan is still accessible in Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. I have a personal communication on this from Uganda, but not for Tanzania or Rwanda. Can you or any of your colleagues substantiate this for me (ie, serve as a personal communication)?

Best wishes,

Ngaio

Ngaio.Richards@anglia.ac.uk

Ngaio Richards, PhD
Department of Forensic Science
Anglia Ruskin University
East Road
Cambridge CB1 1PT



2 comments:

  1. grateful as many of you as possible visit your local agricultural supplies store and ask for Furadan and let me know if it's for sale..and, if not wgat do they recomend as a replacement.

    thanks

    Neil

    Neil and Liz Baker, Tanzania Bird Atlas, P.O. Box 1605, Iringa, Tanzania.
    Mobiles: +255 776-360876 and +255 776-360864.
    http://tanzaniabirdatlas.com
    Subscribe to: tanzaniabirds-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furadan

    HI


    So, yesterday I asked in a couple of places about Furadan. I was told that it is not on the market or available to buy but there is old stock around, I also found out that Oikos have a guy here at the moment working on chemical usage in farming and this is one of the chemicals that is under discussion. Let me get this right, it is now illegal to distribute and sell, but what about the old stock, does that have to be destroyed and how?? Does the distributing company have to, legally, recall stock?


    M.




    Marc Baker
    Director
    Ecological Initiatives & Carbon Tanzania
    +255 (0)784448761
    Skype: babaniamh
    www.ei-tz.com

    ReplyDelete